Time Travel through the Decades
Check out the 1950s:
Poodle Skirts & Saddle Shoes.
Look at the lighter side of life one decade at a time or in a series.
Through power points, video clips, songs, and stories, audiences remember
or learn about the food, fashions, fads, and fun in American pop culture.
100 years of facts, fads, stories, and fun.
- 1860s - hoop skirts, roller skates, and lemonade
- 1870s - margarine, electric lights, and the circus
- 1880s - Coca Cola, Buffalo Bill, and Oklahoma
- 1890s - The Gilded Age, Gibson Girl, and basketball
- 1900s - kewpie dolls, NECCO wafers, and a bicycle built for two
- 1910s - Ragtime, Oreos, and the Keystone Kops
- 1920s - flappers, gangsters, and bubble gum
- 1930s - Monopoly and the Golden Age of Radio
- 1940s - shoulder pads, zoot suits, and Victory cabbage
- 1950s - Beatniks, sock hops, and rock & roll
- 1960s - hippies, mini skirts, and troll dolls